










Ethan loves to go to his Papa's house and ride his uncle Scotty's longboards, so for his birthday we got him his own Tony Hawk board. This wasn't the easiest decision I've made, as I have scars on my chin and elbows from skateboard incidences, and Ethan's uncle Mark also broke his arm on a skateboard when he was younger. I almost feel like I've set him up for distruction. But, I did cover him head to toe in skate gear, so let's just hope nothing breaks.
Sorry for the bad pic... All I had was a camera phone.
Last night we went out front to let him ride in the street for a little while, and it's fun to see how fast he picks up on things... leaning back and forth, learning to balance, and trying to turn. He has a hard time with turning as his little 45lb frame doesn't put a whole lot of pressure on the trucks of the board. So, he's already started learning to kick the board around by leaning on the tail. He does love riding his new board, but I hope this one doesn't turn around to bite us both.
Anyways, Happy Birthday Little Man!
B:
5 comments:
I can't believe it's been 6 years. He is such a wonderful, caring, smart and full of energy boy. Happy Birthday Ethan, We love you!
P.S Landon asked me for a skateboard for Christmas and I said "Not until your 12 because your Uncle Mark broke his arm on a skateboard." But it looks like you did a very thorough job of covering every inch of his body! Good for you.
I totally understand what you mean about time gone.... who said they could grow up so fast! Mine just turned 6 in Oct and my baby is 1 yesterday (they share a birthday)! Crazy. Happy Birthday Ethan. It just goes faster from here on out though.
This is such an awesome post. And you guys are such an amazing family. I can not believe how big our kids are getting. Ethan is such an amazing little boy! He brings so much happiness to everyone's life. He is such a great little boy! Happy Birthday!!
Brent...he is an adorable little boy! And our boys are so close in age-my Chance just turned 6 the end of October.
I loved seeing all the pics of Ethan!! I can't believe that he is already 6! It just seems like yesterday when we were fussin' over him in the hospital!! Before you know it, he'll be leaving for his mission!! Goes way toooooo fast!!
Post a Comment