Thursday, December 4, 2008

0-fer the Weekend

Well, since Jaime is still a little "too busy" to post, I will take advantage again to take up a little more space on "our" blog. Jaime always threatens me and tells me not to post any of my dead animals on "her" blog, so I will refrain. Not because I like to follow orders, but because we went "0-fer the weekend" on our hunt. In other words, for those who don't get my lingo, we got NOTHING! Oh, but the opportunities were there... yes they were... We just didn't capitalize. Brad Henderson refered to himself, Dale, and I as armchair hunters, as we sat about 2 miles away up on a hill, glassing down at my brother Mark and Daryl Christiansen about 100 yards away from an absolute MONSTER BULL that was casually walking through the middle of what appeared to us to be an open plain. We sat there screaming "Shoot it! Shoot it! What are they doing! It's right in front of you! Shoot it! I don't understand why they don't shoot it." I guess from our point of view it was hard to see the different ridges that "supposedly" kept them from seeing the bull at all. I guess the reason it was so frusterating was that they had walked back and forth 3-4 times past the same bull the day before, but never saw it because of the same terrain issue, so they say... 100 yards away, and they never knew it. It was a fun hunt, but it was cold. For those of you who know me, know that I don't do cold. After a long hike, the cold temp would turn your sweat into pretty much ice and quickly turn you into a frozen cube. Fortunately, the adrenalyn of a monster bull kept us going. It was a fun hunt, we saw pretty much everything (does, bucks, cow elk, even little bunnies) from a shootable range, just no bulls. Better luck next time Mark. I guess everyone gets a lesson in HUMILITY, even if they don't want one.

2 comments:

Apryl said...

yeah we are getting old, aren't we? Devin has had a rough go of it...e-mail me & I'll catch you up if u want. He would love to hear from you-he has sort of pushed every1 away...apehorton@gmail.com

The McLaws Family said...

Poor Mark, don't you guys have like walkie talkies or something so you could help a brother out.