Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Best Mom Ever!!!

Anyone that has ever met my Mom has to agree with me, I have THE BEST MOM EVER!!! Yesterday was my Mom's birthday. Happy birthday Mom! I could go on and on about all of my moms FABULOUS traits for days. She is kind, thoughtful, talented, creative, a great listener, the best grandma, always helps with whatever I need(sometimes I can be pretty needy) anyways my Mom is really great! The other night I had been thinking a lot about when I was a teenager. Brent and I met when I was 14. Shortly after we met he started showing up everywhere I was. He started coming to my ward, stopping by my house, and pretty much hung out where I happened to be. Now that I am a parent I think how did my mother not have a heart attack. Anyways, moving on, Brent sort of became part of my family until he left on his mission. There was lots of nights that he had dinner with us and spent a lot of time with our family. Just for the record we didn't go anywhere by ourselves until I was 16, and I didn't kiss him until then either. Poor Guy! The point of my story is that my Mom never let my rules slide. Even though I didn't like them she was always willing to be the bad guy in the moment if it was the right thing for me. She had a rule that I wasn't aloud to see Brent two days in a row. She wanted to make sure that I still spent time with my family and friends. At the time I hated this rule, but now that I am an adult I am so grateful for her persistence. As a parent I know that the best choices aren't always the easiest. I am really grateful that I have a Mom that has always put my best interest first and now we are the best of friends. Thanks for everything Mom and I love you!

10 comments:

Kendra said...

What an awesome mom! I don't know what I would do without my mom either. I need to tell her more often.

Sharla said...

You do have an awesome mom! It is amazing how differently you respect and love them as an adult! I'm glad that I had a chance to spend so much time with your mom while I was young! Such an awesome lady!!

Jennifer said...

Well I must say I am a little Biased. And your mom is going to get embaressed because of all this attention. But she is such an amazing person. And so humble. She is such a giving person, simply because she wants to. She is so open-minded, and just a great supportive person to be around. You are such a blessed family! I am lucky to be around all of you!

Dale and Nona said...

Oh, way to make me cry!!! What sweet things to say, Jaime, especially after I was so strict with you and Brent!!! (It was just because I love you)!! I heard it said that "What makes a great parent is great kids"!! WOW, am I lucky or what, to be blessed with such great kids?

Jaime and Brent said...

Let's just make one thing clear... The reason there was no kissing was because there was a previous wager with a large amount of money on the line if Jaime could hold out til 16...and I was hoping that maybe I could get a cut! Well, so much for the cut...:)

Jennifer said...

that is funny, because I was going to ask Jaime why she did not mention the fee she collected for waiting till she was 16. It was amazing that worked for her. I would have said to take the money back! hahahaha

The McLaws Family said...

This was such a great post. I really enjoyed reading this. You really do have a wonderful mom and she made a pretty great daughter too

Julie said...

Anyone who has ever met your mom knows that she is amazing! My mom and I used to talk about what an amazing family you all were. And for my sake, I am really glad she had the rule that you couldn't hang out with Brent two days in a row! I might never have seen you without that rule and Brent wasn't the only one who loved you!

Jaime and Brent said...

You know...after reading this more than once, you've kind of made me out to be a freakish, stalking predator of some sort. DANG IT!!! Why do I always have to be the creepy guy?

B:

Sharla said...

Ok Brent so that was just too funny! I guess you were a creepy stalker guy and Jaime's parents were worried about their daughter...
isn't that called love?
Either way it must have been a good kind of creepy since it all worked out in the end :)