Friday, April 10, 2009

Pink and Purple Through and Through

Allie and I went on a Daddy Daughter Date the other day... She seems to get left out of alot of the boy trips to The Home Depot and Cabelas, so I promised I would take her out on a date. I told her that she could choose any restaurant in the world and that she could order anything she wanted. She got all excited, her eyes got real big, and she says, "You mean... we get to go to Taco Bell?!!!!" Oh Man! Do I love a cheap date! Allie is not the biggest eater in the bunch, if I took her to the Hard Rock, she'd never get past the appetizer. But, I did at least convince her from Taco Bell to IHOP for a little French Toast and Sausage (with chocolate milk of course) for Dinner, then to the Golden Spoon for some Frozen Yogurt (2 bites and she was done).

Then we went to the MALL... She was so excited! She'd never been to the Mall. That's right... I try to keep her away from the same places that I try to keep her mother from. So I took her to the See's (candy) store and we bought a whole bag of chocolates... After eating maybe half of one, she was done. Like I said...Not much of an eater. Apparently, the rest of the $10 bag was for me.

While we were there, Jaime called and sent me on a shoe hunt. There was a particular pair of shoes that Allie's cousin had that Allie absolutely loved, and Jaime sent me on a quest to find them. Long story short, they had been discontinued and Allie was crushed. So I told her that she could choose any pair of shoes in the "entire Mall." For those of you who know me... I've been trying to turn Allie into a tomboy from the day she was born. I always been convinced that it was dependant on how you were raised...well to this day (with Allie) I have been proven wrong. Allie is Pink and Purple through and through. I of course was trying to get her to choose some nice nike sneakers or comfortable long lasting athletic shoe, at least one with shoestrings. You know something that she can run, or play ball or sports in. "NO DADDY! I WANT THE PINK SHOES WITH THE PRETTY FLOWERS AND WHITE POLKA-DOTS."

I give up...
B:

10 comments:

Sharla said...

What a great story! I just love the Daddy daughter bonding time... so sweet! It is great that kids idea of buying anything or going anywhere ends in pink canvas shoes and IHOP! One day you won't be so lucky! She's a cute girly girl!

Amber said...

I couldn't stop laughing!! I love your little girl! And you know what - I was a MAJOR tomyboy, all my life, didn't touch pink/purple or make-up for years. My girl - she's ALL girl. She grabs the bright pinks, purples and LOVES patterns - she's only months old... Oh well. Maybe you'll get the tomboy with Riley ;) Don't give up Brent, she may still play "sports" - like dance... ;)

Joanne Jarman said...

Those shoes are adorable! Ummm... where did you get them?

Joe and Vanessa said...

hey jamie and family! It was great to hear from you! Allie's shoes are adorable. she picked a great choice! It looks like you all have a lot of fun! You have such a cute family!

The McLaws Family said...

Oh how wonderful! What a fun date. I'm sorry the shoes were not there, I've been searching online for a month just in case they came up, but it looks like you found some super cute ones anyway, now Ella will be begging me to find those one's at "the mall". Pink and Purple through and through....

Tara said...

That's my kind of girl! Sounds like a fun date :)

Jennifer said...

How fun! Jerry loves his dates with Kaylee. I am glad she got that time with you! Its nice to get a little pink and purple every once in a while!

Loni Painter said...

I love the shoes, they are so adorable! They look like shoes i would pick! I love that Allie is such a girly girl :)

John, Susan & Tyler said...

Okay, Brent....you have finally melted your mother's heart!! What a great daddy you are to take Allie on the date of her dreams! (Expense-wise, it was the date of your dreams, too.) And now you know the secret of becoming a hero in your daughter's eyes...it's doing the little things that mean so much to HER! Love you so much, Mom

Dale and Nona said...

What a sweet thing to do with Allie!! Especially to take her shopping. That definately qualifies you for "Daddy of the year"!