Monday, September 15, 2008

pigeon evicted

We have a pigeon that has decided to move in under the peak of our house. You can imagine how happy Brent is about this. On Saturday he climbed on the roof and decided it was time for him to go. He used a rake to pull him out, and cleaned off the roof with the hose. There was poop everywhere. He decided to let the pigeon live but if he comes back next time he won't be so lucky. I told Brent if it continues to be a problem, we will have to have a professional come out and take care of it.



4 comments:

Sharla said...

Oh the birds! We had quite a nesting situation and Jeff had to deal with it. I sware we were being invaded! At least they weren't pigeons. Jeff got some bird repelant stuff and it seems to have done the trick. I hope they don't come back! Good luck with your feathered fowl!

Tara said...

Brent, my boys(including my husband) all have pellet guns that they shoot the pigeons off the roof of our house and anyone/everyone elses roofs in the neighborhood that ask. Our neighbor went and bought a pellet gun so he could do it with them! I guess it's ok since our neighbor is a cop that does it with them :) So if you need my little exterminators to come over and take care of business, just let me know! :)

Jaime and Brent said...

Funny you mentioned using pellet guns... I actually just shot it down last night with mine... the stupid thing came back for more. I normally do shoot them, usually from the back yard, but there are a lot of new people in my neighborhood I don't know, and sometimes I feel a little weird standing in my front driveway shooting the birds off of my house. So, I'm usually sneaky and quick about it. I have also shot a few off of my neighbors, as well. I hate pigeons. I've tried to use a blowdart gun here and there, but at the top of the second story peak, it's just a tough shot, and I always end up leaving a few darts stuck in the overhang. But, it is a fun challenge!

Natalie said...

Ugh. When RR was new, the best part was no pigeons. Now, they're everywhere! We need to evict the old lady feeding them! There's always at least one in any neighborhood! :)