We have been trying to come up with a rewards system at our house. I think that my kids have been getting a little lazy lately or I have been getting lazy. I guess you never can tell. Anyways I wanted my kids to be able to earn things for good behavior, cleaning their rooms, doing their chores and so on. I had a preschool parent share with me the rewards system that has worked for her. We are going to give it a whirl. I thought I would share the idea in case anyone is interested. Each kid gets their own jar, I let my kids decorate theirs to try and make it extra special. Every day they can earn marbles for certain things. I am letting them earn marbles for things that I want them to do. They have the chance to earn 7 marbles a day. Once they fill up their jar then they can pick from a special "treasure box". Now the last thing we need at our house is more toys. I decided that our treasure box needed to be filled with fun outings. They can pick to go to a movie with Daddy, or spend the night at Grandma and Papa's house or maybe go to the park. So far it appears to be working. They are whipping into shape quite nicely. We hope that it lasts.
Ethan was pretty funny when we were talking about the outings in treasure box. He was listing off things that might be in there and then all of the sudden he said "we can go to Disneyland, or the cabin...." I had to crush his dream a little. I told him that our next trip to Disneyland isn't going to be based on his jar being full. I had to laugh, I guess he was hoping to sneak it in.
2 comments:
That is great! I love the motivation techniques mommies have to come up with. I'm going to be needing one of those really soon I think :). Thanks for sharing the good idea and I hope it works for more than a few days!
Let me know how this goes! I like sticker charts, but I think working toward something would be more worthwhile to me. Plus, then we'd all get to have fun!
I'd love to see how your kids decorated their jars! I bet they're adorable! :)
Post a Comment