Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day

It always seems like holiday's are far busier for us then any other day. I guess we like it that way. We got up early and met my mom and dad, and Loni and Chris in the desert. The boys brought several guns and did a little bit of shooting. Ethan loves to shoot his little 22. Allie shot maybe twice and then she was done. She is such a girlie girl. I guess its not really her thing. The boys had a blast blowing things up with the AR15 (machine gun). I think they felt a little bit like Rambo. The rest of us cruised around the desert in the ranger and had a great time. When we were all done we packed it up and headed to Brian and Nancy's (my aunt and uncle) house for a family bbq and swimming. We had lots of yummy food and had a great time. We always love the chance to get together with all of our family.








Kaleb and Rylie waiting for a ride in the ranger. The nice thing about the ranger instead of the quads is that I can buckle Rylie's car seat right in.
I had to give my dad a hard time about his make shift roof. He has been so busy landscaping the new house that he hasn't had a chance to take his new ranger in and have a hard top put on. Being the thoughtful dad that he is, he rigged up this tarp so that we could ride in the shade. I just had to give him a hard time.




4 comments:

Jennifer said...

That looks like so much fun. It always looks like you have a great time with your family. Your dad is soooo thoughtful. That is cute.

Sharla said...

Such fun. I'm glad you had a good holiday with the family!

The McLaws Family said...

What a fun day!

Natalie said...

Your blog is so cute and you do so many fun things together as a family! How fun! Makes me want to get up off my bum (and away from the computer) to go actually DO SOMETHING... if only my husband wasn't working all the time! Grrr! Single-parenthood is not for me! :( Love your blog! I've added you to my list, hope you don't mind! :)