Well this is the second year now that we've gone to Monster Jam. The boys love it. Ethan and Kaleb's Papa bought them Monster Truck Ear Phones for the noise, and t-shirts (Ethan a Grave Digger and Kaleb an Outlaw). They were pretty excited. They both cheered for their trucks. There are so many people there. It is like a sell out every year, even the nosebleeds are full. And it is almost impossible to find a parking spot within a quarter mile, unless you arrive a few hours early.
.




This year, we rode the light rail from 7th and Camelback to the stadium to see what it was like. There were only 2 problems with this... For one, everyone else going to the Monster Truck show also decided to ride the light rail that night, too. I felt like I was back in Brazil, smashed in a sardine packed, butt rubbin "onibus". To make it worse, we had just missed the previous bus by about 20 seconds, and had to wait for the next. We blamed McDonalds for that one for making us pull around and wait for our order earlier. Well, right when we activated our passes, Ethan "has to pee." Of course... I should have known... He's like a little water fountain. Well, for those who are familiar... There's nowhere to pee...on or off the bus. So now we were in a rush to the stadium. But the bus wasn't. In fact, another one didn't roll around for about 35 minutes. Whoever says they stop every 10-15 is a LIAR. It's bad enough waiting for 35 minutes before the bus, but once you get on, the back and forth falling action (remember...packed house...no seats...rock and roll baby) over the next 10 stops to the stadium didn't help either. And of course, both kids want their Daddy to hold them, as he bangs violently against the metal wall of the bus in an attempt to stay on his feet. Oh yeah, nothin like good ole father and son bonding... I about had Ethan pee on "Levi Luvin Luigi" standing behind me who seemed to be enjoying the "sardine can" a little too much. And to make matters worse, I left the backpack with Kalebs diapers, a change of clothes for the boys (that's right, I was prepared), the waters, and the camera in the truck in our rush to get to the light rail. I just knew Ethan was going to let loose, and we didn't have a change of clothes with us. But, he amazed me. After an hour and ten minutes of torturous pain and crying, we arrived at the statium DRY!!! Someone was definitely watching over us and knew we had some Monster Truck action that we couldn't miss.
Can't wait til Monster Jam 2010!
B:
7 comments:
How funny-reading this story! Every single parent reading this story-knows exactally what you are going through. We have all had one of these days. How did you get the pictures if you left the backpack in the car?? It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I know they love their papa! See how Dale was the smart one to find parking & meet you there.
I fortunately had my cell phone camera. I actually left the camera in the car last year too, so Jaime wasn't to happy that I did it twice. You know as well as I do that cameras and me don't like each other anyways.
B:
You have a great camera on your cell phone! Kelly takes all the boys every year and they love it!! You guys should coordinate seats!
Your phone takes really good pictures. I love there tire ear muffs! What a night though, I'm very surprised Ethan held it for that long, I don't think you or I could ever manage that one.
That is so funny. Last year I took the boys and after we left and got in our car, Colton said he had to pee, and as you know you basically are stuck in the parking lot for like an hour before you can get out, so I made him pee in a gallon water jug we had in the car. It was awesome, or at least he thought it was. When people asked him if he liked the monster truck rally, he would say "Ya! I got to pee in a jug! It was awesome!" So glad I paid all that money for the tickets when he would have been just as happy if I would have just let him pee in a jug. Could have saved a lot of money. Glad your guy made it to the restrooms dry :)
It sounds like one of those experiences you can laugh about LATER!!! Dale meant well! He thought it would be fun!! You live and learn!
Okay, these tire headphones are the cutest thing I've ever seen. And the boys look so content wearing them. What great memories!Love you guys, Grammy Sue
Post a Comment