Monday, October 27, 2008

Hunt Week

This year's deer hunt almost went empty handed. It was a long weekend. Long story short... always make sure your rifle has recently been sighted in. Fortunately, I brought a back up. Unfortunately, this year I had to settle for little Bambi. I guess I've been a little lucky for the past couple years, so I was due for an under average hit. I got him on the last day of my hunt. He was a fun hunt though. Mark spotted his little group across the canyon about a half mile away and we started hiking the back side of the entire valley, only to find once we were almost to the other side that they decided to cross over to where we originally spotted them. So, we had to hike all the way back. We could have saved a couple miles and an additional hours workout had we just stayed in the same spot. Gotta love it. I've been pricked by so many cactus this weekend, I can live without ever seeing one again. I've still got a couple thorns that need to be dug out. It turned out to be a good hit at about 200 yards.



Here are some pics of my 2007 Elk Hunt. It was a blast. Mark, my Father in law, Dale, his buddy Brad, and I had a workout carrying this "little guy" out of a couple valleys.



My 2006 Deer Hunt was a good one, too... Good 'ole Darell Christianson spotted this beauty about 2-3 miles away and Brad helped me track him down.


He was definitely a keeper... and now he graces my hunting room with his splendor and glory.

6 comments:

The McLaws Family said...

Poor Bambi, just wanted to frolic with his family and BAM!

Tara said...

I'm glad you put up the pic's from past hunts................those antlers you're holding up on bambi look a little, well, little :) I will never let my husband know that you got to put your deer head up in your 'hunting room'! He is always mad at me that I won't let him put up the dead heads of things he's shot! Poor guy........Oh, well :) Congrats on your BIG KILL!

Jennifer said...

Watch out, you got yourself a big one there. Oh well, at least you had fun!

Jaime and Brent said...

Hey..hey..hey...

There is no need to smash my trophy any smaller than it already is. Brooke, I know you love animals, and I do too. They're delicious. Tara, if you do allow your husband to put up the "dead things", then pretty soon it's like your living in Cabelas. Ohhhh yeahhhh...:)

John, Susan & Tyler said...

Wow Brent!
You did it again..what an eagle eye
you have! Congratulations! Glad you got back in one piece! Love you to pieces and Happy Halloween!
Love, Mom

Dale and Nona said...

I'm so glad that your hunt was successful. Don't let all of the comments bother you. Look at it this way, you won't have to agonize about turning down Cabelas offers to buy your "rack".